Every year we bring you international teachers with hight quality teaching and dancing skills. During the weekend you can get 8 hours of main classes (LINDY HOP or BALBOA track), plus 3 hours of extension workshop (For followers only or Balboa for Lindy Hoppers). It is not possible to buy single classes. At the evening parties you can also join the taster classes. More info in section PARTIES.
THIS YEAR TEACHERS/ Lindy Hop track:
– Mikey (USA) & Pamela (LT)
– Remy & Alice (FR)
– Pontus & Isa (SWE)
– Hector & Sonia (SP)
THIS YEAR TEACHERS/ Balboa track:
– Mickey (USA) & Masha (RU)
– Andreas (SWE) & Moe (UK)
More about teachers in section PEOPLE.
Classes are taught by international teachers in English.
CLASS SCHEDULE to be sent to all registered participants in INFO email.
This year you can participate on the MAIN CLASSES (Sat & Sun/ Lindy OR Balboa track) and EXTENSION WORKSHOPS (Friday afternoon/ For followers only OR Balboa for ADVANCED Lindyhoppers)
This year we offer TWO different tracks for MAIN CLASSES – LINDY HOP or BALBOA. You can choose only one.
Besides the main classes you can join one of the Friday’s EXTENSION WORKSHOPS (For followers only OR Balboa for Advanced Lindy Hoppers). You can also choose only one.
There is no possibility to buy single classes.
NOTE: Please use indoor dance shoes for all the class venues. Thank you!
Please note there is AUDITION for ADVANCE and INTERMEDIATE/ADVANCE!
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY THE BELOW LEVEL DESCRIPTION BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR REGISTRATION FORM!
PLEASE NOTE PSX IS INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL SO YOUR LEVEL MIGHT NOT BE THE SAME AS YOUR LOCAL SCENE LEVEL. IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBTS TALK TO YOUR TEACHER OR ASK US (email@example.com).
– Intermediate – group I (you take Lindy Hop classes min for 1 year – cca 40 classes. You can lead/ follow basic steps with no errors but still make mistakes in more difficult figures. You know at least these steps/ figures – basic 8 count, swing out, 6 count, inside/ outside turn, Texas Tommy, flying Charleston, tandem Charleston. You should be also familiar with basic jazz steps.)
– Intermediate/ Advance – group I/A (You take Lindy Hop classes min for 2 years – cca 80 classes. You go to international camps/ workshops in intermediate/ advance level. You have no problem with leading/ following. You know variety of figures and can improvise to music time to time. You can handle fast music as well. You should be also familiar with jazz steps and some chorusses such as Shim Sham Shimmy, Tranky Doo, Jitterbug Stroll.)
– Advance – group A (You take Lindy Hop classes min for 3 years – cca 120 classes. You go regularly to international camps/ workshops in advance level. You have no problem with leading, following, improvisation, fast and also slow music. You are skilled in jazz steps and also other dance techniques such as balboa, shag, Charleston, etc.)
Please note there is GENERAL AUDITION for ALL Balboa dancers. We will divide you into two groups according to actual overall level of all participants. You can sign in if you are INTERMEDIATE to ADVANCE Balboa dancer.
By INT. and ADV. we mean:
– Intermediate – you have been dancing for about a YEAR and you know the BASICS.
– Advance – you have been dancing for a few years, feel comfortable in fast tempos, know the basics well and can improvise.
EXTENSION WORKSHOP/ For Followers Only w. Alice Mei
Wanna extend your PSX 2017 stay? Are you a follower? Great!
Join the workshop for followers with the one and only ALICE MEI (FR) on Friday December 8th, 2017 (1-4.30 pm)
What to expect? Its one level group.
You will be working on being able to take a rhythm in all possible directions.
Also you will be learning more intricate rhythms and styles that you can do later in all the basic moves.
And last but not least working on counter body movement and arm movement.
EXTENSION WORKSHOP/ Balboa for Advanced Lindy Hoppers
Cant decide if to attend Lindy or Balboa track? And how about having main classes in Lindy Hop and having Balboa extension workshop on Friday? Best solution ever!
Join the extension workshop with ANDREAS and MOE on Friday December 8th, 2017 (1-4.30 pm)
Are you an advanced Lindy Hopper? Are you curious of Balboa but uncertain if you want to take a full weekend course? Well, this is your chance! We will go through the fundamentals of the dance and talk about how it differs from Lindy Hop. Its great, but not necessary, if you have some knowledge of the dance already. After the three sessions, our aim is to have you feel comfortable enough to dance Balboa without excusing yourself being a Lindy Hopper!