Every year we bring you international teachers with hight quality teaching and dancing skills. During the weekend you get 8 classes x 60' full of Lindy Hop / Balboa. Plus you can join the extension workshop on Friday afternoon. All class venues are walkable distance from each other and from the lunch venue.
– Benjamin Cook & Trisha Sewell (UK)
– Hasse Mattsson (SWE) & Jenny Thomas (UK)
– Juan Villafane & Mariel Gastiarena (AR)
– Peter Loggins (USA) & Katja Zavrsnik (SLO)
– Vincenzo Fesi (IT) & Lana Sedlmayr (UKR)
Are on Saturday and Sunday and are taught in English.
This time you can choose Lindy Hop or Balboa track. It is not possible to attend both as the classes happen at the same time.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY THE BELOW LEVEL DESCRIPTION BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR REGISTRATION FORM!
PLEASE NOTE PSSF IS INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL SO YOUR LEVEL MIGHT NOT BE THE SAME AS YOUR LOCAL SCENE LEVEL. IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBTS TALK TO YOUR TEACHER OR EMAIL US.
REGULAR CLASSES / LINDY HOP / LEVELS:
* INTERMEDIATE – You take Lindy Hop classes at least for 1 year – cca 40 classes done. You can lead/ follow basic steps with no errors but can mix in more difficult figures. You know at least these steps/ figures – basic 8 count, swing out, 6 count, inside/ outside turn, Texas Tommy, flying Charleston, tandem Charleston. You should be also familiar with basic jazz steps. There will be no audition for this level.
* INTERMEDIATE/ ADVANCED – You take Lindy Hop classes at least for 2 years – cca 80 classes done. You go to international camps/ workshops in intermediate/ advance level. You have no problem with leading/ following. You know variety of figures and can improvise to music. You can handle fast music as well. You should be also familiar with jazz steps and some chorusses such as Shim Sham Shimmy, Tranky Doo. There will be no audition for this level.
* ADVANCED – You take Lindy Hop classes at least for 3 years – cca 120 classes done. You go regularly to international camps/ workshops in advance level. You have no problem with leading / following, improvisation, really fast and also slow music. You are skilled in jazz steps and also other dance techniques such as balboa, shag, Charleston, etc. You need to attend the audition on Saturday morning to do this level.
REGULAR CLASSES / BALBOA / LEVELS:
* INTERMEDIATE/ ADVANCED – You take Balboa classes at least for 2 years – cca 80 classes done. This level is for dancers that would like to improve their transitions, flow, musicality and to work on more complex figures and rhythmical variations. Your basic is solid, you can lead and follow comfortably to any tempo. There will be no audition for this level.
* ADVANCED – You take Lindy Hop classes at least for 3 years – cca 120 classes done and you are a key person in your local scene and may even teach. This level is for dancers that already know everything mentioned in the lower level descriptions. You go regularly to international festivals, and have developed your own distinct style as a dancer. You quickly learn new moves and footwork and can make up your own variations. Musicality, partnership and creativity are familiar concepts. You need to attend the audition on Saturday morning to do this level.
Please note there is AUDITION for ADVANCED levels for both Lindy Hop and Balboa track! It will take part before 1st class on Saturday. Please be there on time otherwise you won’t make it to your desired level. More info in info email which you will receive couple days prior to the festival.
Besides audition, teachers can suggest to change the level to any of you at any time!
“JAZZ FOR ALL” with Juan Villafane!
This is special extension workshop for all the dancers who want to improve their solo technique! Are you I/A level dancer or higher? Join Juan on Friday April 12th, 2019 (15:00-18:10m) and get all the tricks from him!
3 x 60′ class / Capacity limited
To register, just check the YES option in your registration form.
Check the section PARTIES for details about taster classes.
SCHEDULE & CLASS VENUES:
Check detailed info about VENUES.