Every year we bring you international teachers with great teaching and dancing skills. During the weekend you can get 8 hours of main classes (LINDY HOP or St. LOUIS SHAG track), plus 3 hours of extension workshop (Jazz for all). It is not possible to buy single classes. At the evening parties you can also join the taster classes. More info in section PARTIES.
More about teachers in section PEOPLE.
Classes are taught by international teachers in English.
This year we offer TWO different tracks for MAIN CLASSES – LINDY HOP or ST. LOUIS SHAG “For Lindy Hoppers”. You can choose only one.
Besides the main classes you can join the Friday’s EXTENSION WORKSHOPS (“Jazz for all” with Jo).
There is no possibility to buy single classes.
NOTE: Please use indoor dance shoes for all the class venues. Thank you!
Please note there is AUDITION for ADVANCED level!
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY THE BELOW LEVEL DESCRIPTION BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR REGISTRATION FORM!
PLEASE NOTE PSX IS INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL SO YOUR LEVEL MIGHT NOT BE THE SAME AS YOUR LOCAL SCENE LEVEL. IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBTS TALK TO YOUR TEACHER OR ASK US (firstname.lastname@example.org).
– Intermediate (you take Lindy Hop classes min for 1 year – cca 40 classes. You can lead/ follow basic steps with no errors but still make mistakes in more difficult figures. You know at least these steps/ figures – basic 8 count, swing out, 6 count, inside/ outside turn, Texas Tommy, flying Charleston, tandem Charleston. You should be also familiar with basic jazz steps.)
– Intermediate/ Advance (You take Lindy Hop classes min for 2 years – cca 80 classes. You go to international camps/ workshops in intermediate/ advance level. You have no problem with leading/ following. You know variety of figures and can improvise to music from time to time. You can handle fast music as well. You should be also familiar with jazz steps and some choruses such as Shim Sham Shimmy, Tranky Doo, Jitterbug Stroll.)
– Advanced (You take Lindy Hop classes min for 3 years – cca 120 classes. You go regularly to international camps/ workshops in advance level. You have no problem with leading, following, improvisation, fast and also slow music. You are skilled in jazz steps and also other dance techniques such as balboa, shag, Charleston, etc.)
– Advanced + (INVITATIONAL) Please note this level is invitational. We will have few spots free for those of you signed up to Advanced level. Those spots will be given to some of you during the advanced AUDITION on Saturday morning.
“Are you an I/A or more experienced Lindy Hopper/ swing dancer? Are you curious about St. Louis Shag and only know very little about it or even nothing? Well, this is your chance to discover another great swing dance style and develop your dance vocabulary! We will go through the fundamentals of the dance but will build a lot on top of the basics as well.
It’s great, but not necessary, if you have some knowledge of the dance already. After the weekend, our aim is to have you feel comfortable enough to dance St. Louis Shag without excusing yourself being a Lindy Hopper / or other swing dancer than SLS!” (your SLS teachers)
Wanna extend your PSX 2018 stay? Join the extension workshop “Jazz for all” with JO HOFFBERG (USA)
– Friday December 7th, 2018 (15:00-18:10)
In this class, you will learn warm-up exercises, isolations, spinning/turning drills, charleston and triple-step footwork challenges, playing with rhythms, and how to create variations. It’s a balance of technique and playtime, but every moment will be time well spent!” (Jo Hoffberg)